What factors should be considered to make a proper dried fruit cake for diabetics? As the problem of diabetes is insulin and sugar intake, the type of dried fruits with low carbs and low glycemic index can be good suggestions. GI is an index to show how much blood sugar level increases by taking a specific food. Food Lord brand considered the products for a diabetic diet. All products are natural and no sugar added to them. Therefore, you can consume Food Lord products of dried fruits, dried vegetables, and nuts which are natural with no added-sugar and preservatives.
Which dried fruits are forbidden for diabetics?
Dried fruits with high content of sugars or ones with added sugar are forbidden to be used in the diabetic cake. The high sugar-content dried fruits including dried mango, dried coconut, dates, raisin, and dried pineapple are high in sugar and are not proper to use in diabetic fruit cake. Here is the table of sugar content in 100 g of dried fruit. You can select your desired fruit according to this table. An important factor to detect the amount of blood sugar is the glycemic index (GI). Obviously, GI is between 0 and 100, and GI>55 mean that food has high blood sugar and is not proper for diabetics.
How to have a healthy cake for diabetics?
The type of selected dried fruits for cake with the minimum sugar content is important. In addition, the prepared cake for diabetics should not have sugar and egg. This is called diabetic cake and can be used by diabetics and who want to lose weight. Therefore, this cake can be eaten by athletes and diabetics.
The recipe of a dried fruit cake for diabetics
Here we have a recipe of a dreamy dried fruit cake with no sugar and no egg that calls diabetic cake! All ingredients of this cake prepared by the products of Food Lord Company which has the first grade in producing and supplying dried fruits, dried vegetables, and nuts all over the world.
Serving: 4 people
- 200 g of dried fruits including dried apple, dried orange, dried persimmon, dried kiwi, dried plums, and raisin.
- 50 g of dried dates
- 100 g of nuts including walnut, almond, pistachio
- 300 ml milk
- 250 g of wheat flour
- 150 g of oil
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the span and put the milk in it. Then add the pitted dried dates to the milk in a slight light. It takes about 5 hours.
- Chop the nuts and mix them.
- Mix the dates and milk gently and completely after 5 hours of soaking. Then add oil and mix them again.
- Rest them to gently soak together for 15 min.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix them.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix gently.
- This is a diabetic cake so no need to add any sugar and eggs. However, if you want to make it a little sweet, it is time you add a little sugar.
- Roast the nuts on medium-light until getting fragrant. Then, add the dried fruits to get crispy and dried.
- Add the mixture of dried fruit and nuts to the cake mixture.
- Bake the cake mixture in preheated oven at 180 °C for 35-40 min. Another way to found out the end of cooking time is by inserting a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven and leave it for half an hour to cool.
- Now your diabetic cake is ready you can serve it to whomever you’d like. Diabetics can eat it with no fear.